Why is information collected?
The reasons we keep records about you and your family are to:
• Support teaching and learning;
• Monitor and report on progress;
• Provide appropriate pastoral care;
• Give the best possible service;
• Communicate important news, events, memos and activities;
• Provide statutory services (e.g. free child-care scheme);
• Safeguard Children and Young People from harm;
• Assess how well the school is doing.
What information is collected?
Information about you that we hold includes your contact details, national/SEC assessment results, internal assessment information, fees transactions, attendance information, and personal characteristics such as your nationality, behavior reports, any special educational needs you may have and relevant medical information.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
St. Catherine’s High School may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Site/Online Portals. We may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To keep appropriate and updated records of parents/guardians and students information and progress. We use information to be able to provide you with information pertaining to your child’s education and/or life at school.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
How long is your data stored for?
Personal data relating to pupils at St. Catherine’s High School and their families is stored in line with the school’s GDPR Data Protection Policy. In accordance with the GDPR, the school does not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Sharing your personal information
We will not give information about you or your family to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and/or our rules, as listed hereunder, allow us to.
We will only share photos/videos of school activities with your explicit consent on each of the following: 1: visual images on school noticeboards, posters, magazines and other school printed publications; 2: On the school website, online platforms and other school printed publications, 3: in wider marketing materials (newspapers/TV/radio) used by the school.
When you apply for activities/services (e.g. transport) provided by third-party service providers, we may share generic aggregated demographic information like student name and your contact details, only if required for the provision of these services.
We may be required to share information with Governmental entities including the Ministry of Education and Employment, Police Forces, and other National Authorities, only when obliged and in accordance with Government of Malta laws. This information may be collected for statistical purposes, law enforcement, provide support services, and/or carry out National Assessments (e.g. MATSEC, PISA, TIMMS)
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include news, updates, events or service information, etc.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and we are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, are subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Acceptance of these terms when accessing our Site/Online Services
By using the School’s Site and Online Portals, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
What are your rights?
Parents and pupils have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data. You have the right to:
· Be informed about how St. Catherine’s High School uses your personal data.
· Request access to the personal data that St. Catherine’s High School holds.
· Request that your personal data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
· Request that the processing of your data is restricted.
· Object to your personal data being processed.
Where the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. If you have a concern about the way St. Catherine’s High School is collecting or using your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Head of School. If you have any questions about our Site/online services, or your dealings with the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last updated on May 24, 2018