In this Section, Parents are to find the following information for their perusal, namely:
- School Calendar – Parents are to take note of the important dates scheduled on the School Calendar. While the calendar is provisional, the School Administration does its best to stick to the dates on the calendar so it is recommended that parents take note of the dates of events, holidays, school trips etc.
Parents of students in the Senior School are to note that Sports’ Day this year will be held in the morning and it will be followed by a High Tea Party for the parents and the students.
Parents of Pre/Junior/Senior students are to note that School officially starts at 7:50 am (class time with the class teacher or Assembly for the community). Students are expected to be in class by 7:45 am at the latest.
- Booklists– Parents are to take note of which class their son/daughter will move onto in September 2017 and click on the Booklist for that level. All books are available from our preferred seller, Merlin Library (via their online booking system or from their bookshop in Blata l-Bajda/Sliema) or from any other book shops in Malta. Books should be wrapped in plastic covers and labelled with the child’s name and surname.
- Stationery Lists– Parents are to take note of which class their son/daughter will move onto in September 2017 and click on the Stationery List for that level. All the items on the list are available from our preferred seller, Faber Castell (via their online booking system) or from any other stationery shops in Malta. Stationery items should be labelled with the child’s name and surname and class and should be brought to School on the day of the Parents’ Meeting (Flutterby/Pre/Junior School) or on the first days of School (Senior School).
- Transport Provision Application & Declaration Forms– Parents are to download this form if they would like to request the use of the provision of the School Transport and to duly fill it in with the relevant details and send it to the School Administration by the closing date. Parents who are already availing themselves of this provision should also download this form and duly fill in the section requested for continuation of use or termination of use (as appropriate). Parents who are new to the service are to note that precedence is given to students who are already making use of the School Transport Provision. Parents who are new to the Service are to note further that the application does not automatically mean that Provision is being guaranteed. Parents will be notified in due course if their application can be accepted or otherwise. Kindly note that the deadline for application for Transport Provision is 14th July 2017. All applicants must also sign and submit the Declaration Form.
- School Uniform Lists– Parents are to make sure that their child has all the necessary items of the School Uniform (according to the time of the year and according to the Level). Students start the School Year with the Summer Uniform and the shift to the Winter Uniform is usually made around the end of October/beginning of November (usually after the Mid-Term holidays), so parents need to make sure that they have the items of dress wear ready for those times. Dress code at School is strictly adhered to and students will not be allowed to wear any other items of dress/foot wear and/or accessories which are not within the remit of the School Uniform List. All items (except the shoes which can be purchased from any shoe store) are to be purchased from ID School Gear in Zebbug (see flyer for more details and for the map). It is imperative that ALL UNIFORM ITEMS ARE LABELLED CLEARLY (USING AN INDELIBLE PEN) WITH THE STUDENT’S NAME AND SURNAME AND THE CLASS.
With regards to the shoes, all Pre/Junior/Senior students are to wear navy blue jogging shoes.
- Change in Student/Parent Information – Parents are kindly requested to notify the School Administration of any change in their email address, telephone/mobile numbers or postal address. It is important that any changes are communicated to us immediately so that we can guarantee that information reaches you in a timely way. All changes should be communicated via email to Mr. Paul Midolo, School Administrator, on firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to Ms. Kathleen Mangion, School Secretary, on email@example.com.
- After-School Extra Curricular Programme – In response to our recent parent feedback and survey results, the programme for the coming year will be extended to 3:30 pm (except for Catechism which will run till 2:45 pm like this year). The confirmed schedule will be available via our website and a copy will be sent to parents via email during the first week of September 2017. The closing date for all enrolments will be Tuesday 26th September 2017. Late enrolments will not be accepted after this date. The programme will begin the second week of each Term.
- Outings Fee (all Sectors) – Like last year, an Outings’ Fee will be issued at the beginning of the year (to cover all the outings scheduled for the year) and parents are kindly requested to pay this once Term 1 starts. From this year, this will not only apply for Flutterby and the Junior School but also for the Senior School. The amount will be indicated at a later date. An itemized receipt will then be sent at the end of the year with the amount spent and any money brought forward to the following year.
- Alternative Provision (Jun 1-Sen 1) – Parents of students who do not follow Religion and/or Maltese lessons are requested to fill in the Registration Form for the Alternative Provision programme. Kindly note that this form must reach the Directors of the Sectors, Ms. Giselle Mangion (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Senior 1s or Ms. Marguerite Agius (email@example.com) for the Junior School by not later than the 30th July. If we do not receive this form, the School will assume that the student will be participating normally in the Maltese and Religion lessons.